CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY (CSR)
Dalai Lama: "We cannot change the past, but we can reshape the future."
Policy brief & purpose. My group of corporations want to be a responsible business that meets the highest standards of ethics and professionalism. My corporate social responsibility falls under two categories: compliance and proactiveness. Compliance refers to my business commitment to legality and willingness to observe community values. Proactiveness is every initiative to promote human rights, help others and protect our natural environment.
Policy scope. This CSR policy applies to my business activities of all my corporations.
Legality. My business will:
• Respect the laws to the extent that these do not conflict the Universal Declaration of Human Rights
• Honor its internal statutes and regulations
• Ensure that all its business activities are legitimate
• Keep open and transparent which legal entities are managing and responsible party
Business ethics. I’ll always conduct business with integrity and respect to human rights. I’ll promote:
• Fair business and safety in my ICT
• Respect toward my stakeholders
• Anti-bribery and anti-corruption practices
• Internal checks and balances that guards against fraud and errors due to omission
Protecting the environment. My business recognizes the need to protect the natural environment. Keeping our environment clean and unpolluted is a benefit to all.
Protecting people. I’ll ensure that I:
• Don’t risk the health and safety of all the people who serve me
• Support diversity and inclusion
Human rights. My business is dedicated to protecting human rights. I’ll ensure that my activities do not directly or indirectly violate human rights in any country.
Preserving the environment. Apart from legal obligations, my business will proactively protect the environment. Examples of relevant activities include:
• Conserving energy
• Using environmentally-friendly technologies
• Sustainable working and travelling
Donation. Every time I need to travel, my business donate a % to a non-profit organization (NGO) that is committed to integrity of creation, and plant a tree to help combat my carbon footprint.
My business is committed to the United Nations Global Compact. I'll readily act to promote my business identity as a socially aware and responsible business.
• 1955: Born in Middelburg (NL), brought up in Axel & Kruiningen (NL)
• 1973-2019: As a Volunteer: Supervisor, Chairman, Secretary, Treasurer, Assessor, non-profit organizations (Dutch NPO’s)
• 1977-1978: Vice President & Public Relations Executive, European student association (B)
• 1978-1985: Youth Pastor (NL)
• 1978-1992: Head of Section/Teacher Interfaith & Social Studies, undergraduate education (NL)
• 1985-present: As a Volunteer: (Non-)Executive, Research & Publication Minister, global ministries
• 1991-2011: Clergyman & Church Administrator (NL)
• 1993-2007: Executive, national interdenominational organization (NL)
• 2005-2011: Board & Management Charities Consultant (NL)
• 2007-2016: As a Volunteer: Prison Chaplain, Dutch prisoners abroad
• 2009-2014: Lecturer in Professional Care & Services, graduate education (NL)
• 2011-present: Independent Business & Finance Professional
• 2017-present: (Freelance) Writer
• 2019-present: Online Tutor
View LinkedIn profile (albertavandaalen) for more details